- Read the UCLA Graduate Division’s application checklist
- Read carefully the general requirements for admission to a graduate program at UCLA
- Read the program description
- The GRE general test is required. A GRE subject test (Mathematics, Physics, Biology, etc) is strongly recommended.
- Applicants who speak English as a second language must submit scores from the TOEFL. See the English requirements.
- You do not need to specify a specific research field or faculty mentor in order to be admitted, though the admissions committee is interested in your research plans.
- We highly encourage including electronic copies of any scientific publications.
- Start your application here.
- Complete online graduate application for Biomathematics, submit your application, and pay the application fee (waiver is available).
- Have 3 letters of recommendation sent using the Graduate Admission online system.
- Order official GRE general and subject test scores to be sent to UCLA. The UCLA institution code is 4837. ETS major code for Biomathematics is 0225. UCLA will match your test results using your name and birthdate.
- Order official transcripts from every college or university you have attended sent directly to the department. Note for UCLA students - we can access UCLA transcripts.
- Submit TOEFL scores if applicable.
- If you are a domestic prospective PhD student that is recommended for admission, we will submit your application for consideration by the Systems and Integrative Biology training grant. See eligibility and application information.
For best consideration, all materials must be submitted by Dec. 15th. The department aims to have some early results for admissions with funding ready by mid-February or early March. We hold to the Council of Graduate Schools Resolution for offers of financial support we make in advance of their April 15 deadline.
Please contact us with specific concerns about your application materials.
Address Materials to:
Chair, Graduate Admissions Committee
BOX 951766, Room 5303 Life Sciences
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1766